terça-feira, março 11, 2008



Entre por essa porta agora

E diga que me adora

Você tem meia hora

Pra mudar minha vida

Vem vambora

Que o que você demora

É o que o tempo leva





You are a china shop
and I am a bull

you are really good food

and I am full

I guess everything is timing

I guess everything's been said

so I am coming home with an empty head
(...)
you'll say it's really good to see you

you'll say I missed you horribly

you'll say let me carry that

give that to me

and you will take the heavy stuff

and you will drive the car

and I'll look out the window making jokes

about the way things are





Eu desço dessa solidão
Espalho coisas sobre

Um Chão de Giz

Há meros devaneios tolos

A me torturar






São só palavras: teço, ensaio e cena
A cada ato enceno a diferença

Do que é amor ficou o seu retrato

A peça que interpreto

Um improviso insensato

Essa saudade eu sei de cor

Sei o caminho dos barcos

E há muito estou alheio a quem me entende

Recebe o resto exato e tão pequeno

E dor, se há - Tentava, já não tento






It's the kind of night that's so cold, when you spit
It freezes before it hits the ground

And when a bum asks you for a quarter, you give a dollar

If he's out tonight he must be truly down

And I'm searching all the windows for a last minute present

To prove to you that what I said was real,

For something small and frail and plastic, baby,

'cause cheap is how I feel
Half moon in the sky tonight, bright enough
To come up with an answer

To the question why is it that every time I see you

My love grows a little stronger

But your memory leaves my stomach churning,

Feeling like a lie about to be revealed,

But I'll horde all this to myself

'cause cheap is how I feel






All that I know to be true
Is the touch of your hand on my skin.

One look from you can so easily soothe

All this turmoil within
As we dance cheek to cheek
With our feet so completely

Locked in a time all our own.

I stop to speak

But you gently keep me

Moving in time to the song.

And in a voice that is sloppy with gin

You say, "let the world spin."






The silence of a falling star
Lights up a purple haze

And as I wonder where you are

I'm so lonesome I could cry






Escape is so simple
In a world where sunsets can be raced

But distance only looses the knife

The pattern of its scar

Can always be traced






Electric shocks?
I love them!

With you --> dozen a day

But after a while I wonder

Where's that love you promised me?

Where is it?

Possibly maybe probably love, possibly

Possibly maybe probably love, possibly

How can you offer me love like that?

My heart's burned






It's a hot day
and I'm dressed lightly

I move carefully

through the crowd
here everyone
is so vulnerable

and I'm as well
there's no-one here - and people everywhere CRYING : 'cause I need you
CRYING : I can feel you

CRYING : 'cause I need you

CRYING : 'cause I care





Trechos de:
Vambora - Adriana Calcanhoto
You Had Time - Ani DiFranco
Chão de Giz - Zé Ramalho
Os Barcos - Legião Urbana
'Cause cheap is how I feel - Cowboy Junkies
River Waltz - Cowboy Junkies
I'm so lonesome I could cry - Cowboy Junkies
Escape is so simple - Cowboy Junkies
Possibly maybe - Björk
Crying - Björk

*Imagem: Salvador Dalí, Galatea de las Esferas, 1952.

Nenhum comentário: